Protecting your commercial property and equipment is an integral aspect of managing your business. After all, when you have invested a considerable sum into setting up a successful business, you cannot afford burglaries and break-ins. This is exactly why upgrading to commercial locks is a great idea. Commercial grade locks offer additional protection for your offices, stores and warehouses by strengthening the security at every entry point. In this article, we tell you what commercial grade locks are and the best ones for your office space.
What are commercial grade locks?
The Council of Standards Australia regulates safety and quality standards of locks and other hardware manufactured for residences and commercial spaces. Commercial grade locks are the locks certified with higher ratings.
Unlike standard locks that do not provide much resistance against forced entry, commercial grade locks undergo rigorous testing to ensure that they withstand break-in attempts. Whether they try to pick, drill or smash, even seasoned burglars will have a hard time opening commercial locks.
Grading of commercial locks
Commercial locks are tested on multiple aspects to establish their grading. These aspects include:
- Level of security provided (How much stress/force can the lock withstand?)
- Evaluation of material used (Is the material quality the same as claimed by the makers?)
- Operational efficiency (Does the latch easily fall in place when the door is closed?)
- Strength (Is the build solid and tamper-proof?)
- Cycles (How many uses can the lock survive before it has to be replaced?)
- Finish (Does the lock feature quality finishing?)
Advantages of commercial grade locks
Since commercial grade locks are made from the sturdiest materials and undergo rigorous testing, they offer multiple advantages:
- Enhanced security
- Prevents unauthorised key duplication
- Long-lasting and durable
- Reduced expenses – no more replacing of damaged locks
Choosing the right commercial lock for your business
Below are the most common type of commercial locks used in Perth –
- Commercial strike: These locks work in sync with a doorbell or intercom. Visitors must ring the bell and you can choose whether to let them in or not. This mechanism is generally great for use in establishments where only restricted people need to be given entry.
- Keyless locks: Instead of a key, users will need a passcode to gain entry through keyless door locks.
- Restricted access systems: This is considered the most secure locking mechanism since there is a limit on how many times a person can gain access and pass through an entrance/exit point.
- Magnetic locks: Frequently used on revolving doors without knobs or levers, magnetic locks function using sensors.
- Master key system: This locking system provides access to specified areas within a building. It maintains a record of people who have access to particular areas.
Now that you have an idea about what commercial grade locks are, the next question you may have is, ‘Are commercial locks worth it?’ If you need to secure your commercial space and ensure ample protection for your valuable inventory and equipment, commercial locks can be the right solution.
No matter what type of commercial lock you choose, remember that it has to be installed correctly to work as expected. For this reason, it is highly recommended that you hire the services of reputed and professional locksmiths in Perth. Need reliable installation and maintenance services of commercial locks in Innaloo, Doubleview, Wembley, Balcatta, Carine and Duncraig areas? Contact us or call us at 0492 360 504.